New to the forum

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

New to the forum

Postby Kitt » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just found this forum after realising that I really need to do more to control my diabetes and that I need help with motivation. This site looks like a place where I might be able to offer support to others and also receive support.

I'm 27 and have had diabetes for 13 years.

I really look forward to chatting with other forum members.

Regards,
Kitt.
Kitt

Postby mfcr06 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi and welcome :)
mfcr06

Postby Jen (nli) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Kitt,

I like it here. Its a time in my life where I have had to achieve very good control. This takes a lot of effort and motivation for me and this site has been invaluable. I remember when I first found this site (many years ago now) - I was just amazed! I'd only met one or two Type 1s previously and was feeling very alone with it all. One of the first posts I read was about someone doing a blood test whist driving. I thought I was the only one who knew how to do that! I felt I'd finally found a group of people who did what I had been doing for 12 years...

Welcome and I hope you get a lot out of here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jen
Jen (nli)

Postby Beck1983 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 am

Hi and welcome
Beck1983

Postby supermum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:33 am

Hi Kitt, I've only been a reality checker for a short time too but can honestly say everyone is like one big family... I love it!!. I am 32 & have only been T1 for 3 years, so I am still learning all the 'tricks of the trade'. Endo's & Dr's may know all the medical stuff, but we all know there's more to D than that & thats where the 'Reality Check Forum' is invaluable!!
Anyway, WELCOME to you!!
supermum

Postby Daniel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Kitt. Welcome to RC :) Be sure to jump in on some conversations, I'm sure you've got some stories to tell for your 13 years of the big D :)
Dan
DX'd with Type 1 in 05
MDI; trying for a pump!
Daniel

Postby Kate » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome, Kitt. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures with D. Cheers, Kate
Kate

Postby Kitt » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I've read through some of the posts and it's been great to read about other people's experiences. I got a laugh out of some of the suggested responses to "Should you be eating that?".

Finding this forum has given me hope that I can improve my diabetes control. I have a couple of other medical things to deal with, and it all seems too much sometimes. My neglect of my medical stuff has really started to affect other areas of my life, and I know that I really need help. I would also love to be able to help others.

Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Kitt.
Kitt

Re: New to the forum

Postby sandra russell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello everyone -

I too have only just discovered this site - what a relief, I so wish I had found it earlier. So many things I have read througout the different subjects posted and so many familiar stories, I would never had thought were happening to others. Simple things like the comments people make about what you are eating, are you looking after yourself, finding a good Endo and one you like, house cleaning, running around after kids, working, shopping - all so familiar.

I discovered DAFNE 2 years ago and have found it fantastic, especially for me who hates eating and food being the main thing in my life because I have to inject. I can eat when I want and don't have to eat all the carbs I used to, weight control seems easier as a life member of Weight Watchers and a permanent watcher of my weight.

This place is such a good place, it makes me feel so much more "normal" to read everyone's similar experiences. Sandy
sandra russell

Postby artemis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 am

Welcome to both of you, Kitt and Sandra.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby doodah » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 am

Hi guys.....
you will soon start to wonder how we ever managed without this site before we found it!!!!
oh.... and welcome :P
doodah

Postby Tony » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Welcome Kitt and Sandra,
Glad you found us.
It sounds like you're both getting things from the forum and that's great.
Our members are what makes this a great place , their thoughts, suggestions and questions.

I don't often say it but I should. THANKS to our members. You're what makes the Forum so great.
If you want something done, do it yourself. Make the effort and start the Change!
Tony
admin

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START