Best Wishes for the Festive Season & a big Thank You!

In this part of the Reality Check website, the moderators have saved discussion threads out of the rest of the forum which have addressed a popular issue containing terrific information, or threads that have generated a lot of discussion and which we feel people may well find useful to refer to in future.

Best Wishes for the Festive Season & a big Thank You!

Postby Kate » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi everyone -

As the year draws to a close, I wanted to thank every single one of you who has contributed to Reality Check discussions over the last year for making this such a terrific place.

There was a lovely discussion here a few weeks agothat reminded me of what a simple but critical impact we can have on people's lives, making living with D just that little bit easier - and everyone who contributes to Reality Check in ways big and small should be proud of what we have managed to create here.

It has been a pleasure and a joy to be a part of the community here this year.

My very best wishes to everyone for a happy, safe and fun Christmas and festive season.

I look forward to sharing 2010 with you as well.

All the best,

Kate
Kate

Postby deviation72 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Happy Christmas to you Kate and to everyone behind the scenes that make this place one of the most wonderful online spaces ever!

And to everyone else on RC - happy Christmas/happy holidays and see you all in 2010!!!
deviation72

Postby supermum » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone at RC, thanks for all your insight, laughs & support.
Have a safe & happy holiday ( no doubt we will all probably eat & drink far too much )
Cheers Supermum :)
supermum

Postby Cee » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 am

Merry Christmas everyone and remember there is no Diabetes on Christmas Day...and Boxing Day...and New Years Eve...and News Years Day. Oh blow it, just take the week off. We deserve it.

Yeah right, we wish.
Cee

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:18 am

Merry christmas everyone.

And thank you to RC mods and members.
Leah

Postby artemis » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 am

Have a happy Christmas everyone, enjoy the goodies and yummies, bolus when necessary, and chill out. Enjoy!
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby Anne » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 am

Merry Christmas around the world!
Make sure we stock on insulin to cover all the lovely Christmas food we are going to enjoy over the next few days!
And a big thank you for the RC team who makes this forum a safe and fun place who is still going strong with the years (no so sure about still being 'young adults' though? Will we get kicked out when we become more mature??????)
Happy Xmas!
Carpe diem
Anne

Postby artemis » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:13 am

Anne wrote: (no so sure about still being 'young adults' though? Will we get kicked out when we become more mature??????)

My mother always said that she still felt 18 inside no matter how old she got. I agree with her - therefore I am still a young adult (no matter what the mirror says)!
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby kat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 pm

merry christmas everyone, and there is no diabetes on xmas day, have a nice day and see you after xmas.
kat

Postby eitak » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for such a great site...I think I would have gone crazy without RC! All the best in 2010
eitak

Postby yondi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Merry Christmas and wishing everyone a fantastic 2010.

Thanks to Kate and all the moderators for a great site

Yondi
yondi

Postby Whita_ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:56 pm

I'd also like to thank everybody for everthing in the past twelve months.

It hasn't ben easy adapting to the change(finger pricks, testing, injecting) but I know that it would have been a whole lot more difficult if it weren't for RC. Of course I am greatful to Kate and all the moderators for the upkeep of the site but also to the many members who post here as well and share their wisdom.

I imagine that a person could get lost in the world of diabetes but it's reassuring to know that there are many of you guys out there that have managed this condition(in much tougher ways than currently available) and are still going strong after many many years. It gives me hope that I can manage this bugger of a thing untill they find that every elusive cure. So to you all I say, thanks for the support and the advice(even when it wasn't directed at me).

I consider this year a win for my D management. So that's Rowan 1, Diabetes 1(I have to give it one because it got me) but things will change next year because I am now better equiped, and I intend to take the advantage.

In the words of Buddy Lee:
"I can be better, I will be better, I must be better" or else it wins.

Merry Christmas,

-Rowan
T1 Since December 2008. Santa gave me Diabetes for Christmas! I would have rather he gave me coal!
Whita_

Postby Tash » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful RCers.... Have a great break and enjoy all the festivities!!!
How many carbs in a donut? Image ...mmmh donuts!
Tash

Postby Jen (nli) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas.

I can't begin to thank you all. I've really enjoyed hearing about your stories and experiences - and I appreciate the support you have given me. Thank you to the moderators that ensure this place is a safe and friendly place to share.

I'm assembling a Christmas hamper full of sugary treats and alcohol for my dear brother who was diagnosed as a T1D earlier this year. His first D Christmas.

For others out there having your first Christmas with diabetes - enjoy yourself!

I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne to celebrate my 20th Christmas with D.

May 2010 be a wonderful year for us all.
Jen (nli)

Postby Trevor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi all & MERRY XMAS
I visit RC almost every day to see what is going on and have learnt heaps, I hope my posts havn"t upset to many.
To Kate & all the Moods..... TY TY TY for a great site Please keep it going !!
I will check ALMOST every day in 2010 for any news & discusions.
TO ALL THOSE RC'ers OUT THERE PLEASE CONTIUE YOUR POSTS !!!!
hAVE A GREAT XMAS, NEW YEAR AND BEYOND
LIVE LONG & WELL WITH T1
Trevor
Live long & well with T1, from another OHBT1D
Trevor

Postby Maybe Baby » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:45 pm

And a very merry Christmas to you Kate, and to all the moderators who keep this site the active, intelligent and engaging thing that it is. I've had T1 for over 10 years but only descovered RC earlier this year and I can't begin to tell you what a font of knowledge and a haven from insanity it has been at times. To everyone who posts; thanks for your candor, consideration and kindness. And for the laughs!
Maybe Baby

Postby Kezza » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 pm

A bit of a tardy Merry Christmas from me also, I hope you're all happily full of Christmas food, wine, or whatever you enjoy this time of year. I'm staying at my boyfriend's family's place for the first time, and have been stuffing myself full of all kinds of delicious stuff. Noone has even looked like saying "should you be eating that". I think they are keepers!

Best of the season to you and yours, I look forward to more chats and laughs in 2010.

Kerry x.
Ever tried to send a text message with your pump? It doesn't work!
Kezza

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:11 pm

I hope everyone had a Great Xmas and New Years days.

Thanks for the recognition of the work behind the Scenes by our Volunteers. That makes a Huge difference to me and I'm sure everyone else :)

But we don't make the Community . The reason RC works is because EVERYONE helps by being involved. Asking questions, adding replies and being Supportive of one another

Thank you ALL. I'm still learning more here even after 38 years wih D.

Have an Incredible Year this year and keep staying Involved. You're what makes this the Great Place that it is !!!
If you want something done, do it yourself. Make the effort and start the Change!
Tony
admin

Return to Solid Gold - Some of our Favourites!