Reality Checks Second Ever International Kris Kringle

In this part of the Reality Check website, the moderators have saved discussion threads out of the rest of the forum which have addressed a popular issue containing terrific information, or threads that have generated a lot of discussion and which we feel people may well find useful to refer to in future.

Reality Checks Second Ever International Kris Kringle

Postby Acey » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:14 am

Yep, you wanted it, you demanded it, you practically broke into my house, chained me to my computer and yelled your names at me one by one till I agreed.
What am I talking about? Why,

Reality Check Forum's Second Ever
Not-so-inaugural Kris Kringle

mygoodfriend!

For those of you who are already salivating at the thought of random gift-giving, you can head to the page right now and ensure you get the best presents by registering first.

Sign me up!

For those of you who have no idea what a Kris Kringle is, and want to know what you're signing your life away for, read on. In a nutshell, its a random present-giving pool. Here's how it works:

-You fill out a form
-You wait until registrations close on Friday, 24th November
-We randomly pick someone for you to buy a gift, and email their details to you.
-You buy or make your person a gift to the value of A$10 and post it to them ASAP.
-We randomly pick someone to send you a gift.
-You receive your own gift in the mail from your Kris Kringle, the Reality Checker who was randomly chosen to send a gift to you.
-You'll feel warm and tingley all over! Note: if you feel cold and tingly all over, you might want to test your blood sugar there, bucko.

Easy peasy. There are, however some rules, some provisos, some cast-in-concrete-so-please-dont-ask-if-they-can-be-bent-just-this-time-pretty-please regulations that everyone must adhere to in order to make this fun activity as safe and enjoyable as we can. The big three are:

1. You cannot take part in the Kris Kringle if you are under the age of 18. Sorry. No can do. Not even if you use that really spiffy fake ID that cost you $100.

2. You must give us a PO Box number or WORK address for your Kris Kringle to send the present to. No Home addresses. Not even if you work from home. If you don't have a work address, or are scared your boss will fire you for receiving a present on his time, send it to your Husbands work, or Mums PO Box.

3. You must be registered by 5pm on FRIDAY, 24TH NOVEMBER. Pleas, begging and bribes, while greatfully accepted will not allow entry after this time. As you can imagine this is fairly big exercise and trying to add people at the last minute can really screw things up.

There are a few more little rules, but rather than bore you with them here, I'll bore you with them on the next page.

So, head on over to the registration page, and Get Kringling!

Sign me up!

Reality Check's Kris Kringle is brought to you by the letters K & K and the number 42
Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle
Acey

Postby Jelli » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:10 pm

Dam it, I wanted to be in it :( Who's the person to bribe so I can be in it, i'm sure I could whip up a fab fake ID??

Maybe in 3 years time.......
Jelli

Postby Kate » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:36 am

Hi everyone -

You will see on the KK page, if you have clicked through, that there is now the option of embracing the festive spirit and also making a Kris Kringle to .... Reality Check!

Thanks to the lovely people at OurCommunity, we have been able to set up an online donation facility.

We run a very tight ship thanks to strong volunteer support but everything does costs money. In 2004-05, managing the website (i.e. registration, hosting and modifications to the forum) and publishing our email newsletter cost a total of $1,832. [Our income last year was $87 (eek!)] Your contribution towards future running costs such as these would be most appreciated.

We look forward to announcing how much RCers donated in their KK to help RC keep on keeping on !

You can make a KK / donation to Reality Check by clicking here:
http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/type1diabetesnetwork **

OurCommunity.com.au provides online donation facilities to Australian community groups free of charge.

When you click through there is a page that tells you exactly what we are all about and what we need money for and exactly what we will spend it on if you do feel so generous as to donate a little to your favourite website.

** The Type 1 Diabetes Network Inc. is the new name for the umbrella organisation that runs the Reality Check website. Same people. Same stuff.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me direct: kate@realitycheck.org.au or call 0402 515 825. I'd love to chat with you about the perils of finding ways to run and fund a dynamic, vibrant online community!

Thanks very much for your support.
Kate

Postby Kate » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:42 am

Quick note to say thansk to the 4 lovely people who jumped in with a donation in the first few days of having the online facility up and running. there may be more since - I get a report at the end of the month. $185 we were up to last time I checked. Cheers, Kate
Kate

Return to Solid Gold - Some of our Favourites!