Access the FORUM from a Mobile Phone

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Access the FORUM from a Mobile Phone

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

RealityCheck Forum from a Mobile Phone

We've setup access to the Forum from a Mobile Phone. Be Warned, it may not work perfectly. It's through a Third Party, so we have no control over how well it works. I'll support you on a 'Best Efforts' basis but ultimately, if it doesn't work for you ? .. sorry.

Phones we know it works with so far. iPhone, Android(Samsung Galaxy S), Nokia N8 and x6, Blackberry, HTC Mozart.
Some of these phones don't work 100% though.

Getting Started

Previously you could view the Forum by entering 'http://realitycheck.org.au' in your Mobile Phones Browser.

And this is what you'd probably see (or something similar).

With this Enhancement enter 'http://realitycheck.org.au/mobile' in your Mobile Phone browser.

The display is reformatted to make it easier to Read and Reply to posts on the Forum.

And here's how it will appear on your Phone

QR Code

A QR Code is a Barcode that has an Internet Web Address encoded in it. By using a QR Code Scanner App on your Mobile Phone, the address can be read.

Here is the QR Code for our Mobile usable Forum. You DON'T NEED to use this Code, it's just here for anyone that can use it.

Tony
admin

Re: Access the FORUM from a Mobile Phone

Postby Kate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Tony -

I am loving this! Let's me check RC on the train on the way to work, while waiting on the coffee queue or stuck in a traffic jam (not while driving of course!).

It looks much simpler than your screenshot on my Blackberry but works fine, and is a great development.

When we did the on-line focus groups for the evaluation of Reality Check last year, someone mentioned that they would love RC to be accessible on their phone. They then went on to say they had no expectation this would actually happen, but just thought theyd put it out there. I just mentioned this to Tony and next thing we know it's done! You're a wonder, Tony.

Thanks!
Kate
Kate

Postby Magenta76 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Works great on my Android!! (HTC Desire)
Shauna
I have a personality, not an attitude....
Magenta76

Postby blackicebean » Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Works all good on Iphone 4 :)
blackicebean

Postby truman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I am looking at the accu-chek system. I liked the idea of the Bluetooth monitor so that I don't have to be going to the pump to make the changes. I have been using the accu-chek Aviva Expert monitor recently to try and get my head around a machine telling me what dose I should have etc. so far I have found that pretty good, rather than having to sit and do some random calculations.
truman
truman

Postby JoJo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm

I have a Huawei Ascend G300 and can see and use it fine :)
Looks cool.
Duh, I have sugar diabetes.
JoJo

Postby adlena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm

its working gr8 on my phone, thans for sharing
adlena
adlena

Postby poki » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi,

I tried it on my iphone 4S and its working well.
Love Birds
poki

Postby hasham12 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:41 pm

really easy access
Note 5 Edge Price in Australia
hasham12

Postby hasham12 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:44 pm

really easy access
Note 5 Edge Price in Australia
hasham12

Postby lillyLS » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 am

Tony wrote:RealityCheck Forum from a Mobile Phone

We've setup access to the Forum from a Mobile Phone. Be Warned, it may not work perfectly. It's through a Third Party, so we have no control over how well it works. I'll support you on a 'Best Efforts' basis but ultimately, if it doesn't work for you ? .. sorry.

Phones we know it works with so far. iPhone, Android(Samsung Galaxy S), Nokia N8 and x6, Blackberry, HTC Mozart.
Some of these phones don't work 100% though.

Hi, this really worked great on my samsung infuse but not so much on my new phone Galaxy Note. Is there any chance for any updates on this ? I know it's third party but I'm just kinda hoping for anything. Anyway, if not, I can still use my old phone at least I can use it as my dedicated RC device. Lol. Thanks.
lillyLS

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START