Pump size comparison?

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Pump size comparison?

Postby lani86 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Anyone know what the most compact pump is on the market in AU? I'm on the animas vibe at the moment and coming up to warranty anyway, so looking for a new model. A friend has one of the medtronic's and it looks huge in comparison. I wear mine in my bra and even the vibe drives me nuts so size is really important to me.

Any info is appreciated :)
lani86

Re: Pump size comparison?

Postby artemis » Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pm

I wore the vibe attached to the middle of my bra, and I wear the 640g Medtronic in the same place or attached to the waistband of slacks. I don't actually find the 640g to be much bigger, but I've now had it for over 3 years.

There's the CellNova pump that is now out - 2 pumps, each lasts for 3 days and is then recharged and replaced by the other. Not sure about the size. Word is out that the Tandem T-Slim will be here by September. Hope that helps.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Re: Pump size comparison?

Postby Mel » Sun May 27, 2018 2:30 pm

The Cellnovo is small it’s a patch pump. The Ypsomed is just out and it’s the smallest tube king pump afaik
twicediabetes.com
Mel

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START