Medtronic Infusion Sets

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Medtronic Infusion Sets

Postby cazza » Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 am

What infusion sets do you use on your 640g pump? I am due for a new pump in August, just using my Vibe at the moment and my Endocrinologist says he is preferring the Medtronic pumps. I am assuming he is meaning the 640g.

I have been in touch with Medtronic and the cost of their Infusion Sets left me astounded. I have boxes of Dana Infusion Sets and batteries that are just sitting here filling up space. Why do pump manufacturers decide to develop them with proprietary sets rather than Luer lock?
It's mind over matter, I don't mind so it doesn't matter.
cazza

Re: Medtronic Infusion Sets

Postby artemis » Tue May 01, 2018 4:28 pm

I use Sure-Ts with the 640 because my DE recommended them. I find them good. The cost of the infusion sets is the same as the ones for the Vibe - about $16.40 or so per box through NDSS ordered through your local pharmacy. I bet Medtronic gave you the cost you would pay if they were not subsidised by the govt.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby cazza » Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks, yes they sent me to look at their site for the price. It has now changed my idea about using the Medtronic pumps. The cost of the Dana sets and batteries was incredible.
It's mind over matter, I don't mind so it doesn't matter.
cazza

Postby abs » Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Cazza, don’t bother with the Medtronic site for the cost, that’d be before the NDSS subsidy. Basically all reservoirs regardless of brand are 16ish and cannula are a bit more... I don’t remember the prices off the top of my head. Go to www.ndss.com.au click the Product order form link, and then the form for the pump consumables ... all the prices are there

As for the 640g, you might like to hold off a teeny bit and see what AMSL release not long after... hopefully it is the Tandem TSlim x2. They can’t say at the moment as it hasn’t cleared the TGA yet... if not August, then feb next year. It will be more advanced than the 640g once a software update comes out early next year to make it work with the upcoming dexcom g6. The software update can be done at home

The Medtronic 670g will be out probably second half of next year
abs

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START