Gastroparesis/Heart arrhythmias

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Gastroparesis/Heart arrhythmias

Postby Sharona » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am

Hi :)
In recent posts I've mentioned my new struggle with gastroparesis. I started on the drug motilium a week ago which seems to be helping already. I had an ecg done yesterday though which shows a slight increase in my "qt interval" since my last routine ecg.
There is a known small risk of heart arrhythmias on motilium and my gp and cardiologist are perfectly happy for me to continue using motilium for now but I will need to have another ecg in two weeks to check progress of the "qt interval"
Has anyone else on this drug been monitored for heart issues while using it or had to stop using it ??

Sharon
Sharona

Re: Gastroparesis/Heart arrhythmias

Postby Nicole » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am

I've been on motilium for the past 5 years since i was diagnosed with gastroparesis and I've never had any troubles. I get an ecg when i do my care plan through the doctors two a year as routine but that's it. Never had any problems with it. I take to two a day.
Nicole
Nicole

Re: Gastroparesis/Heart arrhythmias

Postby Sharona » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Glad to know you've had no problems with it Nicole. Hope mine won't be significant enough to have to stop the drug. I'll know how things are looking after my next egc. I'm on three a day at present. They may just reduce the dose.

Sharon
Sharona

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START