Equivalent to apidra

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Equivalent to apidra

Postby tedos » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm

I’m not asking for medical advice, I’m just thinking of changing from apidra to using something equivalent to rule out it’s not the insulin causin* the blockages in my pump, Is there something on the market that is the same short acting? Has anyone tried switching from one brand to another and notice changes in the amount of insulin you need to inject?
tedos

Re: Equivalent to apidra

Postby Catapult » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi Tedos

As far as I know only Humalog and Novorapid insulins are approved for use in the insulin pump. Apidra is marketed as somewhat faster acting but I do not know it has approval for the pump.it might by now.

If you do change, Humalog and Novorapid are similar to each other most of the time but slower than Apidra. I prefer Novorapid as Humalog takes longer to start working and has a long tail action. That’s in me. We are all different.

What pump are you using and where are your occlusions? Site, tubing, reservoir? Are you reusing reservoirs or tubing? Leaving sites in a bit longer than recommended? It’s ok if you do, it might be just one of the problem areas not the actual
insulin you use.

Best of luck.

Cat.
Catapult
admin

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START