Tens machine and insulin pump

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Tens machine and insulin pump

Postby Sharona » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi
I have ordered a small tens type device called allay (actipatch) to try and help with my endometriosis pain. It is not a magnet but a battery operated pulsed electromagnetic device. It claims it is safe for diabetics and will not interfere with any other electronic equipment in use or pacemakers but I wonder if it's ok with the insulin pump.
It will be placed in the abdominal area and my insulin pump sites I use are on my arm these days and clip the pump to my bra.
I will ring medtronic to see what they say but was wondering has anyone used one before while on the pump ??
Thanks
Sharon
Sharona

Re: Tens machine and insulin pump

Postby ali m » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I've used tens machines plenty of times while pumping, as I get injured a lot......
No issues have arisen at all. In fact, you've given me a good idea. I have all over body pain right now (both hips, R knee and L ankle). Might go and charge up my tens! I'd like the swelling in my ankle to go down so I can wear high heels out tomorrow.
ali m

Postby Sharona » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks Ali. That's good to know you've had no problem using them with the pump.
Hope your pain gets sorted.
Sharon
Sharona

Postby abs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks for the reminder, might pull mine out coz in a weird sort of way I enjoy the light electrical pulses (most of them anyway, there's a few patterns I sometimes lift my feet off the pads). It also has patches to apply to other parts of the body eg shoulder, arm, back, anywhere.

Doesn't affect pump or CGM
abs

Postby Sharona » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 am

Great to know that no one has had any problems with pump or cgm.
I did ring the medtronic helpline and they confirmed the actipatch was safe to use with the pump :)
Fingers crossed for pain relief for me.
Sharona

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START