Optium Freestyle test strips measuring low?

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Optium Freestyle test strips measuring low?

Postby Be_T1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had found their Optium freestyle test strips measuring lower than expected in normal ranges at the moment. I have had my suspicions over the last month that my blood sugar levels had been vastly improved for no reason so I tested on another meter and where my (usually) very reliable Optium was measuring 4.8 and my back up meter 8.5. I control tested the optium meter and it came up right at the bottom of the test solution range so I am now trying to work out if the meter has given up or its the test strips that are the issue (have tried the strips from two boxes both measured lower but one was worse than the other).
Be_T1

Re: Optium Freestyle test strips measuring low?

Postby melissa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

Call Abbott and let them know you believe it is out. If your control solution is in date then it should be ok though. Unfortunately there is nothing to say that the backup meter is more accurate either....
30+ years with D, two wonderful children
melissa

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START