Just been put on Byetta 10 mmol

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Just been put on Byetta 10 mmol

Postby sandie » Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello, I haven't posted for quite some time, as my husband passed away, and then I relocated.

Had a visit to see my endocrinologist a month or so ago, and although I always thought myself to be a type 1 D for the past 12 years, (diagnosed at 57), he informs me that I am probably a type one and a half, so because my HB has been quite high (8.6), and weight not decreasing, he has put me on Byetta. First month on 2 5 mmol injections a day, along with my Humalog and Lantus, to see if it helped with the little amount of insulin I have in my body.

Not sure what to think really, I have just started on 10 mmol daily, have lost about 2 kg in weight, but I am suffering, headaches, nausea, and tiredness every day at the moment. My BGL's are a bit hit and miss, as I was told by the educator, to not inject any more then 4 mmol of the Humalog, regardless of what I am eating, and reduce Lantus down to 16 per night instead of 21. I don't see a whole lot of change really.

I was just wondering if any other type 1 and a half's or LADA have been put on this Byetta, and what they have experienced.

Many thanks Sandie
sandie

Re: Just been put on Byetta 10 mmol

Postby artemis » Fri May 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Sandie, I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's death. It must have been a really hard time for you. I have nothing to say about the Byetta (really don't know anything except that it's mostly used for T2s), but I hope that if you are LADA (T1.5), you get over the side effects and that it works for you quickly.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Re: Just been put on Byetta 10 mmol

Postby Catapult » Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Sandie. I'm sorry about your husband's passing. Byetta works on everyone differently. Can you call or email your results weekly to your DE? Most people get nausea but this passes. You have to start at a low enough dose though to start with and work up. They often get good weight loss results.

Cat.
Catapult
admin

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START