Basal rate mechanics

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Basal rate mechanics

Postby genix » Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 am

Does anyone know how the basal rate is delivered on the 640g? What I mean by that, is it delivered on the hour or is it spread out across the hour? I only ask because I read a strange thing in the manual that implied it delivers it per hour and not over the hour. If this is true I find it concerning somewhat.
genix

Re: Basal rate mechanics

Postby abs » Thu May 04, 2017 6:02 am

nah, does it in small bits - I know the Animas Vibe is every 3 mins (divide hourly rate by 20) if the rate is above a certain amount.

Was reading the 640G user guide helping someone with a question she had on Tuesday and saw something similar in there
abs

Postby artemis » Thu May 04, 2017 9:39 am

It is every 3 minutes.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby genix » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

I ended up listening to it as another person suggest I do and you can actually hear the timing click each second and a small beep and then sure enough the engine spins over at about the 3 min mark. I also listened to it while watching the disconnected set drop insulin out.
genix

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START