Subscriptions to Enlite sensors from Medtronic

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Subscriptions to Enlite sensors from Medtronic

Postby genix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:58 pm

I am very new to all things CGM and also very pleased how well the technology works. I am using Enlite sensors with a Guardian 2 transmitter. I got the transmitter and a box of 5 sensors for free with medtronics' current offer for people who have just started on a 640g in the months from march until the end of april. The sensors are given a life of 6 days but my CDE showed me how to restart the sensor and as of tomorrow this will be 14 days my first enlite sensor will have been in. Now, the sensors here in Australia come in subscriptions, of which I was going to sign up for the $275 a month, however if I get the millage out of the rest of the box like I have this first sensor how will the subscription work? Wiĺl the boxes they send build up in the cupboard and go out of date, do they even go out of date, or can you specify when to send them etc. Any information how you manage the extended life of your Enlite sensors and the medtronic ordering/subscriptions would be extremely helpful..
genix

Re: Subscriptions to Enlite sensors from Medtronic

Postby artemis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes, 'officially' they go out of date, but yesterday on 12/4 I started one that was supposed to go out of date on 11/4. So far, so very good. At the moment I have 3 boxes of sensors that I will use in order of date. This because it took 7 weeks or so to get a new transmitter after Christmas. Not worried.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby genix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Jane. When you get to the end of your subscription say at 12 months and you have a few boxes of sensors left, do you then just use them all before signing up for a new subscrjption? Also out of interest which subscriptjon do you sign up for if that isn't being too nosey?
genix

Postby artemis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Shaun, yes I probably will use them before taking out a new subscription - although that's another story. That got buggered up, too, and I had to wait about 2 months to get it sorted, so just as well I had spares. I have taken the $3000p/a subscription, and get a box every month, so $250 per month. Then last month they sent me a 'welcome' box with sensors plus new transmitter. It's either feast or famine.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby jonnyboi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm also on the 12-month subscription. They do expire after a while apparently.
I don't use them quite full time (a couple of days break between sensors) so it did build up a bit, but you can give Medtronic a call quite easily as I have, to suspend your subscription.

So for example, I suspended mine for 2 months since I ended up having a stash of sensors that I still had to use up. So the next delivery will be in a couple months time (I'm up to like my 9th box or something).

Does this help? :D

EDIT: as far as i know, the delivery schedule is quite flexible, so you could even sign up for the 12-month subscription and just say you want it delivered once every 3 months.

Jon
jonnyboi

Postby genix » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 am

That is extremely helpful Johnny, thanks to both of you very much. I notice the deal says they also give an extra glucometer, is it the same as the bayer usb next link like that comes with the 640g because I would love a spare one of those if that's true?
genix

Postby aitch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:21 am

Hi, I my first subscription started in July 2015 it was the one which supplied a box of sensors each month and I received a new transmitter at the end of the twelve months. I found that I I built up a stockpile especially as initially I had some issues with the sensors working so l had received replacements for the faulty sensors and this too added to my stash. I suspended delivery fo a couple of months and renewed my subscription again at the end of October last year. This time l elected the 8 boxes option so I receive a delivery every 6 weeks . The cost per unit ($50) is the same so I think I will alternate between these two subscription options, year about, as the 12 box annual subscription also includes a replacement transmitter. Medtronic changed their system for subscription orders around the time I renewed last year, initially they duplicated my first order then failed to deliver my second. I'm waiting for them to actually get my deliveries right without me chasing them up. My next order is due to be sent out tomorrow but Easter will throw that out so I can only hope that l receive something by the end of next week.
Good luck, they say they have fixed their problems now. I will know soon!

Aitch
aitch

Postby rachduth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm

woah woah hold up!
How do you lengthen the life of your sensor??
I've just started a few months ago and am honestly having a pretty crap time with it. Almost every sensor carks it after 5 days, and some go funny and refuse to calibrate/read for a couple of hours every couple of days.
rachduth

Postby artemis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Did you contact the global help line? You should have got replacement sensors sent to you.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby abs » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 am

rachruth, to restart/extend the medtronic sensor, when the sensor expires, simply carefully remove the transmitter leaving the sensor in place

recharge it (takes 20-30mins?) and plug it back in and hit "start sensor" - a number of people get a few extra days - though you sound as if you are struggling to hit the normal life span of six days
abs

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START