Dexcom G5 Receiver cost - mandatory and not needed

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Dexcom G5 Receiver cost - mandatory and not needed

Postby AndyB » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

I'm just wondering if there are others, who like me, have a $500 G5 receiver that sits in the drawer because they always intended to use their iPhone and was a mandatory purchase from AMSL.

I'm pissed off, because now I find the receiver is optional and my $500 was wasted.

Ive asked AMSL for a return or at least some compensation as an early adopter of their CGM, but I just get a flat no !

Anyone else in the same boat ? or is it just me ??
AndyB

Re: Dexcom G5 Receiver cost - mandatory and not needed

Postby abs » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:05 pm

I know a few people in this situation but its not AMSL who changed the rules, but Dexcom. The same feeling is elsewhere in the world

I have the G4, whilst I had my original receiver changed at about 3 months, that was in October 2014 - and its still used all the time - along with my Vibe pump.

Unfortunately you are out of luck in this, especially as the receiver is actually $810 to purchase - so must have gotten it as part of a deal
abs

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START