RhD negative blood

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

RhD negative blood

Postby KimMitchell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm

I am just inquiring about how many people with T1 have RhD negative blood. I have been doing some family research and have found that everyone in my family going back 4 generations and have had auto-immune diseases like T1 diabetes, Celiacs, Hashimoto hyperthyroid, MS etc. have all had negative blood or parents with negative blood. Just curious how many on this site have Neg blood or their parents. Thanks
Kim
KimMitchell

Re: RhD negative blood

Postby artemis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Sorry, both my brother and I, (he has MS), are positive.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby KimMitchell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Do you know what your parents are Jane? My sister and I both have type 1 diabetes I'm negative and she's positive, but mum's negative.
KimMitchell

Postby artemis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:56 am

Don't know, Kim, and it's too late to find out. However, I have autoimmune conditions on both my father's and my mother's side of my family. Diabetes, LADA, T2 and T1, coeliac, and haemochromatosis are from Dad's side, and there are coeliac and sarcoidosis on Mum's side. And that is not to mention the osteoarthritis that came through from Mum's side.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby Sharona » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 am

Hi
I have type 1, my dad had type 2, my cousin has type 1 and my aunt has coeliac and we are all Rh(D) positive. Both my parents and grandparents were also all Rh(D) positive.
Sharon
Sharona

Postby KimMitchell » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 am

Sounded like a good theory at the time lol. I was reading an article done in Sweden I think, that found a higher rate of autoimmune diseases in people with negative blood. My neighbor has MS and she's negative and her mum is negative and has coeliacs. Was an interesting idea when you have so many people in a family with autoimmune and it running through the negative side of the family. But I think it might all come down to genetics with us.
Kim
KimMitchell

Postby Topcat » Tue May 29, 2018 1:10 pm

I have Aneg RH blood and also have Diabetes, CFS, FMS and SPD. All as far as know being auto-immune issues and directly, for me, tied in with being about 40% low in total body potassium.
I am not D on Birthdays!
Topcat

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START