Libre Shipping

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Libre Shipping

Postby melissa » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:04 pm

According to a UK facebook group I have been looking at, there is a free shipping code which changes monthly for the Libre and they post it on the page as soon as someone gets it. I have tried it and unfortunately the uk one does not work in Australia. I don't suppose anyone here has a free shipping code for April? It's worth testing it out!
30+ years with D, two wonderful children
melissa

Re: Libre Shipping

Postby Smee! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Yes, additional shipping costs is not what we need considering these items are not available over the counter. They certainly are not cheap. But I doubt they will come to the party.

I purchased some supplies early January 17 and a few days later they promoted 'free delivery for the month of January'. I contacted them and asked as I had indeed purchased in January, if I could receive this free delivery since I ordered in January (offering some options to their negative responses, when I got a response such as free delivery off my next order!) They were extremely difficult to deal with or it was just all too hard for them and I felt they just couldn't be bothered with me -their customer.

I didn't push it as it was only $6-7 dollars but I certainly now know where I stand as a customer!! If another company brings out a comparable product, I wont be bothering with Abbott!
Smee!

Postby abs » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 am

on a similar but different tangent re Abbott and their shipping.... I use the Dexcom CGMS - AMSL provide free courier delivery of the items. Sometimes I can't be bothered waiting (especially if I order after 2pm as I will have missed the pickup for the day so would need to wait a further business day), so I go to their office in Chatswood and personally pick up.

I've never even considered asking for a discount since they aren't actually delivering to me
abs

Postby ali m » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:38 am

I've been ordering consistently since June last year, and might have scored free shipping once. Otherwise its $10 to my Adelaide address. Tedious, but I order 6 at a time, so that's only $10 every 3 months.

On a different note, I really really love my Libre! It's the perfect balance of available information, but without the alerts and nagging. It works better for me in terms of lag than Medtronic, and corresponds almost exactly to the way I feel.

Fingerpricking was the worst part of D for me, so I use the Libre exclusively. I think I've done one fingerprick this year, because I felt like crap and my Libre was showing 7.6 and stable. My fingerstick was 7.5. I was dehydrated and maybe had some lactic acid buildup after a 2.5 hour martial arts class. Feels fairly much like DKA. Water and a rest fixed me in an hour or so.

I have considered ordering the bluetooth connector thingy, to get my readings beamed to my phone, but I suspect I'd hate the alerts. Maybe I'll order one and see if I hate it. The aren't available just yet anyway.....
ali m

Postby Candice » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Ali m: whats the blue tooth connector to send to your phone? That sounds like something I might be interested in but can't find any info on it?
*~SoRcReSs~* IDDM since 2000 at 16 years old
Pumped Medtronic 2nd Feb 09
Pumping DanaR 4th Nov 2013
Candice

Postby abs » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

CandIce, I think it's called "bluecon" or may be "blucon"

If you are on Facebook, search for a group called Libre Geeks. You should be able to get some help there
abs

Postby ali m » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

It's the Blucon Nightrider from Ambrosiasys. It doesn't really work for me. Lots of disconnections and makes the profile of the Libre too bulky. I have huge upper arms for a smallish woman, so my sleeves are always a bit tight anyway.

The app also doesn't alert (well, there may be an upgrade that does alert, but I haven't bothered yet). Not worth the bother just yet I'd suggest. My Nightrider battery is dead and I haven't got around to replacing it....
ali m

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START